- To provide a cultural relevant Annual Youth Leadership Conference and Community Mentorship Program for at-risk multicultural youth and their parents from low-resource NYC communities.
- Promote enhanced communication and support between youth and parents and community at large for positive youth development.
- Create a community pipeline between NYU and at-risk youth and their communities.
- Partnership with NYU Silver School of Social Work (James Jaccard, PhD & Michael Lindsey, PhD) to develop a research initiative for positive youth development – encompassing all areas of well-being to support a culture of health, that sponsors youth and community empowerment, for national implementation in urban communities.
Our Research Objectives
Prevention Science for Positive Youth Development
- Participants’ Participation
- Collecting Baseline Data
- Collecting Post-Event Data
Cultural Relevant Material
- Relatable for Participants
- Parenting/enhanced communication between parents and youth
Monitoring Use of Material Learned
- Activities Between Conferences
- Cost effectiveness of model